Blackout Rugby Journalists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Blackout Rugby Journalists

The official forum of Blackout Rugby Journalists!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Engurland!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
astonp

Engurland!!! Empty
PostSubject: Engurland!!!   Engurland!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 12:27 am

The last one i did.

Surrey Spartans 7 - 39 Archie Monty RFC

In the tenth round of the cup, league 2 side Archie monty travelled to lowly league 4 outfit Surrey Spartans managed by dmurtonator, who won the predictions competition, hoping to avoid a potential banana skin. Both sides put out strong sides in the hope of securing their passage into the last 8. A sell out crowd packed into the Spartans stadium in expectation of a thriller, however lordbasilf and his side had other ideas.

Some ill discipline in the early stages cost the spartans and they were soon 3 down to a Bannerman penalty, this was immediately followed by try for winger robert black after some great play by macdonnell. The Spartans quickly got into teh game and after a couple of line breaks went over the line courtesy of Cordone after some great expansive play by Alan. Monty soon replied again through hooker Prime making the score 17-7 after 20 minutes. This is how it remained til half time bar another Bannerman penalty.

dmurtonator was left to raise the spirits of his players and rally them up to try and get back into the game, however it was the divison 2 side who scored almost from the off, just like in the first half, but this time Macdonnell went over himself after a pick and go by him. For the second time in the game an even spell followed, and then for the second time in the game hooker Prime went over for his 10th try in 89 games for the club.

With both sets of players knowing the game was basically over, they both took their foot off the pedal and and for half hour the game was actionless, until the last minutes of the game when the Archies' decided to cement their last 8 berth against Freaksters, with a try from number 11 Lusk.
39-7 is how it ended, a surprising motm award was given to Montys number 9 Berto Rondeau.

dmurtonator said of his teams performance 'we were unlucky at times and failed to make the most of our 5 line breaks, our tackling was also a little off today. On a different occasion maybe we could have sneaked a result but thats the cup for you, we've had a good run and we wish the Felines all the best for the rest of their journey'

The full draw for the last 8 is:
1. Southampton Strikeforce v Sausage Rolls
2. Freaksters v Archie Monty RFC
3. Almighty Warriors v Purple Dinosaurs
4. Willerby v Bromborough

with two division 4 teams still in as well as two divison 3 sides, there could still be an unexpected winner, although two times defending champion and division one leader rubz is still in teh hat with his purple dinosaurs travelling to Almighty Warriors who we saw on the last round of our travels. Three division 2 sides will make up the draw expecting to progress to the semi finals.
Back to top Go down
astonp

Engurland!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engurland!!!   Engurland!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 12:29 am

one of my favourites Smile

CONVICTS GO MISSING!!!

If seen please report to the australian national team manager immediately.
Indeed it was a strange game, one of the weirdest occurences i have ever come across in my time as a journalist for the English press. As per, i travelled with my merry band of gentlemen followers to follow the best national rugby team Blackout has witnessed so far. Half way around the world we travelled to the land of oz where we met up with the squad a day before the game for the normal pre-match interviews. Manager spotthedog was in his usual positive attitude predicting that a win should come, but was also wary that he was in charge of the number 1 team in the world and was unbeaten in their first 6 games. The Australians were nowhere to be seen though, presumed to be on the beach having a nice summers barbie, or so it seemed.

The day of the game arrived and the English fans congregated in the stadium and were in high spirits this too was normal, however as the squads came out everything changed, the small australian following were stunned into silence as was the whole of the English contingent. Debutants Brown and Cowper were left rubbing their eyes in disbelief, the whole Australian team resembled a bunch of weedy pick pockets that they had just picked up outside the stadium.

Was this a cunning strategy by the aussies or just plain stupidity or had they all ran away? Nobody knew. As the match started it was clear the English team just didnt know how to play against these amateurs should be gentlemanly and pretend they were rubbish or totally demolish them?

After some words by spot into the captains ear, it was clear to see that they would do the sportsmanlike thing, and gift them with a head start. And so it was the Aussie's were quickly into a nice lead, but then the barrage started, the English pack were far too strong and quick for the aussies to cope with, the backs were on fire and the forwards weren't to be outdone.
The final score was a very comfortable 48-20 win to the English gentlemen who reamined in the number spot in the world rankings.
Tries were scored by, Shotbolt, Hughes and Harding with 2, there was also tries for the two new boys Cowper and Brown. Brown was also seen kicking 6 conversions and 2 penalties.

A good trip was had by all, in his post match interview spot praised the commitment of the following fans, who are said to be the carlsberg fans of the BR world. Next up for the carlsberg fans and the media circus is a home game against the dangerous Japanese.
Back to top Go down
astonp

Engurland!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engurland!!!   Engurland!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 12:38 am

What i do?

normally i do a report on the national and under 20 games
as well as run a predictions competition on the games, using random questions i make up. These can be seen in the english clubroom. This gets people involved in the national sides. It also gives the winner a game that i shall report on, this tends to be a cup game.

I sometimes do random pieces about nothing in particular and abuse steven anderson, because he's from yorkshire Smile

good fun
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Engurland!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engurland!!!   Engurland!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Engurland!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blackout Rugby Journalists :: The Newsagents'-
Jump to: